The New Canaan YMCA is a nonprofit community organization committed to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for all. When you join the New Canaan YMCA, you become a part of something special. The bonds that are created here go far beyond classes and when you join our Y, you join a community.
The Y Experience
- Weekly Group Classes including strength training, cardio, cycling, zumba, yoga, pilates, and more
- Large and Spacious Wellness Center featuring a vast selection of cardio and weight equipment, including a Spring 8® cardio zone
- State-of-The-Art Zone Training Center featuring various training equipment including medicine and stability balls, plyometric equipment, TRX, and more
- Aquatics Center with 3 pools for lap swim, therapy swim, free swim, and swim lessons
- Gymnasium featuring pickleball, open gym, and family open gym
- Wide Variety of youth sports, wellness, and recreation programs
- Bouncing Bears open gym, free with family membership
- My Playroom on-site babysitting, free with family membership**
- ForeverWell physical and social programs free to members 65+
Try our Y: Facility Tours
Non-members are invited to visit us at our Y. Come take a tour, so you can see what we have to offer and determine how we can best meet your needs. Tours take about 20 minutes to complete with a knowledgeable staff member who can answer all of your questions about our Y. To schedule a tour, contact Mary Coleman at 203-920-1630 or by email.
Youth (Ages 0-14)
- Youth members may participate in all age-appropriate YMCA activities
- Use of the Boys/Girls locker rooms
Joiner Fee: $25
Annual Fee: $275
Young Adult (Ages 15-25)
- Full access to the facility and unlimited Group Exercise classes for all members 15+
- Note: Members under 18 years of age must use the Boys or Girls locker rooms
Joiner Fee: $50
Monthly Fee: $49
Adult (Ages 26-64)
- Full access to the facility and Group Exercise classes for all members 15+
- Use of Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with steam, sauna, and free towel service for all members 18+
Joiner Fee: $100
Monthly Fee: $95
Senior Adult/Senior Couple (Ages 65+)
- Senior Adults enjoy the same membership privileges as Adults
Joiner Fee: $100
Monthly Fee (Single): $71
Monthly Fee (Couple): $112
Adults (ages 26+) and all dependents (under 26) living in the same household. Fee based on number of adults (ages 26+).
- Access to our recently renovated locker rooms, including our Dionne Family locker room, featuring privacy stalls designed for individuals with special needs and aides, nursing mothers, families with young children, and individuals who require or prefer additional accessibility or privacy.
- Members 15+ enjoy the same membership privileges as an Adult member (must be 18 or older to use the Men’s or Women’s locker rooms)
- Members 14 years and under enjoy the same membership privileges as Youth members
- Free Bouncing Bears open gym time (for families with children in second grade or below)
- Free My Playroom on-site babysitting
- Free Youth Strength Training (F.I.T. program)*
- Discounts on family programs including adventure guides and more!
- Special events & activities
*Youth Strength Training: the Families in Training (F.I.T.) is designed to strengthen families by providing opportunities to exercise together in a safe and fun environment. Youth ages 12-14 will earn a F.I.T. pass upon completion of a 3-week youth strength training course. F.I.T. pass holders may work out on their own between 2:00-5:00pm or with a parent at any time in the Wellness Center (does not include use of the Zone). Reservations are required and can only be made by calling our Front Desk at 203-966-4528. Please note: reservations are limited to two F.I.T. pass holders per time slot.
Joiner Fee: $125
Monthly Fee (Family, 1 Adult): $139
Monthly Fee (Family, 2 Adults): $152
Monthly Fee (Family, 3 Adults): $185
Monthly Fee (Family, 4 Adults): $215
*The Joiner Fee is a one-time charge for all new memberships and to past members whose memberships have lapsed more than 29 days.
Membership can be paid with cash, check or credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, or VISA only) on a monthly or on an annual basis.
The New Canaan YMCA strives to serve all members of our community, regardless of individual economic circumstances. Financial assistance applications are available online or at our Front Desk. Thanks to the generous donations made to our Y’s Annual Support Campaign, the Y awards the equivalent of approximately $275,000 in financial assistance each year.
Guest Passes (Complimentary for Members)
- Members 18 years and older may bring unlimited guests (limit of two guests at a time); each guest is limited to three free visits per year
- All guests must register and sign a waiver at the Front Desk
- Guests under 18 years old receiving a guest pass must be accompanied by a member age 18 years or older
- Guest passes DO NOT qualify for fee-based activities
All non-members may purchase a day pass.
- Photo ID is required and a waiver must be signed prior to facility use. For non-members under 18, the waiver must be signed by an accompanying customer/member 18 years or older.
- Day passes DO NOT qualify for fee-based activities.
14 Years & Under: $5
15-25 Years: $15
26 & Older: $20
Annual memberships are non-transferrable and, after 30 days, non-refundable.
Monthly memberships are continuous unless you request a cancellation. A signed Cancellation form is required. Cancellation forms can be picked up at the Front Desk or found on our website by clicking here. Your request must be submitted at least one week prior to your monthly payment date. You can submit the form at the Front Desk or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All members will sign a waiver of liability upon establishing and renewing all memberships. The Y bears no responsibility or liability for the state of health or fitness of its members and shall have no liability to members, guests, or visitors for damage or injury to persons or property while on Y premises, using Y equipment, or participating in Y activities. Please be assured that the Y never releases your personal information to outside parties.
YMCA Policy: No Child Left Alone
- Y members in 4th grade and younger must be under the supervision of an adult/guardian at all times while at the YMCA.
- Adult/guardian must be at least 16 years old. (Exception is family swim)
- Youth involved in an activity or sport at the YMCA are under the supervision of the activity director or coach and are not considered unsupervised.
- The Y reserves the right to contact a guardian if a child is left unattended more than 15 minutes before or after their activities.
Membership Code of Conduct
The New Canaan YMCA is a non-profit organization and reserves the right to deny membership on a non-discriminatory basis when deemed appropriate. Membership is a privilege which may be suspended or revoked by management for abusive behavior, profanity, noncompliance with rules, failure to comply with staff, or other behavior deemed unacceptable and inappropriate. Members are required to carry their ID cards or their mobile device with the New Canaan YMCA app downloaded to scan their barcode each and every time they come into the building, and are also required to have their picture taken and linked to their membership account.
To review all of our Y’s policies, view our policy manual here.
Caregivers & Nannies
Caregivers and nannies who accompany a member on a regular basis should identify themselves to the Membership Department Staff. These visitors must sign a waiver and provide photo ID to be kept on file even though they will not be using our facility. To inquire about membership, please see Front Desk staff.