Our Adult Sports programs offer fun ways to stay active, get fit, and explore new hobbies. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just looking to explore a new hobby, we have something for you! We offer a variety of adult sports leagues and programs that provide fun and healthy activities for adults of all fitness levels.
Open Gym & Adult Basketball
Open Gym/Adult Basketball times are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Open Gym/Adult Basketball Rules & Procedures:
- Please try to bring your own equipment. Borrowed basketballs will be available. We strongly recommend wiping down any borrowed equipment before and after use.
- Participants must be a minimum of 15-years-old, excluding Family Open Gym participants.
The Y is excited to announce a new system for members to sign up for Pickleball Open Play sessions in the gymnasium through the Team Reach App. The following Pickleball Open Play sessions will be open for signups on Team Reach beginning the week of April 18. Play will be limited to 16 rotating players in each session and rules for play will be located on the files section of the Team Reach app.
Below is an invitation to the Team Reach App:
- Click on the Team Reach App Link on your iPhone or Android device
- Download the app on your iPhone or Android
- Create an account using an email of your choosing
- Request to join the Y’s group using the group code: NCYMCAPB
- A notification will be sent to Lenwood Latta, Y Sports Director, to approve you
- Once you are approved, you will be able to access the open play schedule and sign up for Pickleball Open Plays at the Y!
Download the Team Reach App below on your iPhone or Android device:
For additional information and any questions, contact Lenwood Latta at 203-920-1634 or by email.
Gymnasium Use Guidelines:
- Please try and bring your own equipment. We strongly recommend wiping down any borrowed equipment before and after use.
- Please put any belongings on the floor (backpacks, water bottles, etc.). Do not drape over equipment or put on tables.
- Individuals must be a minimum of 15-years-old to participate in Pickleball at the Y.
Sit & Knit (& Crochet Too!)
The Sit & Knit group meets every Wednesday 1:30 – 3:00 PM. All levels, including non-knitters who wish to learn how, are welcome. The sessions are an opportunity to hone your skills, learn new ones, help others, show off your work, or simply sit and knit. Not only will you meet members who share your interest in this ancient craft, but also you will discover new fibers, see new patterns, learn how knitters around the world use Ravelry—all while you indulge in some time for yourself to exercise this wonderful hobby. For more information, contact Mary Coleman at 203-920-1630.