Our Adult Sports programs offer fun ways to stay active, get fit, and explore new hobbies. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just looking to explore a new hobby, we have something for you! We offer a variety of adult sports leagues and programs that provide fun and healthy activities for adults of all fitness levels.
We are very excited to announce that Open Gym times have returned!
Four pods will be available during Open Gym times. Each 45-minute reservation is for an entire pod. Participants must be a minimum of 15-years-old, excluding Family Open Gym participants.
Open Gym Rules & Procedures:
• A face mask must be worn at all times.
• Pod sizes cannot exceed 4 participants OR one family (during Family Open Gym).
• Only one person per pod should make the reservation. To make a reservation, click here.
• Participants must stay on their reserved court.
• Please try to bring your own equipment. Borrowed basketballs will be available but must be wiped down before and after use.
• Participants may play any sport in their reserved spaces, as long as it does not interfere with any of the above procedures.
• Participants must be a minimum of 15-years-old, excluding Family Open Gym participants.
We are thrilled that Pickleball is back on Mondays from 7:30-9:00 AM.
Pickleball Rules & Procedures:
- A face mask must be worn at all times.
- Please try and bring your own equipment. Any equipment used must be wiped down before and after use.
- Please put any belongings on the floor (backpacks, water bottles, etc.). Do not drape over equipment or put on tables.
- Maximum number of individuals is 4 and each individual will make their own reservation. To make a reservation, click here.
- The 4 individuals may play doubles and rotate teams or play singles on two courts.
- Individuals must be a minimum of 15-years-old.
Game Play Rules:
- All games will be played to 11 points.
- Unless the ENTIRE group agrees unanimously to play to a lesser point value, you may do so.
- All skill levels will mix and match to play with and against each other based upon the Player Rotation rules.
- Participants are responsible for setting up and breaking down the equipment as necessary. The equipment should be placed neatly into the big closet at the back of the gymnasium when finished.
Player Rotation Rules:
- The first 4 participants in the gymnasium will be the first to play on the first court.
- When a game is complete:
- If ONE court is being used:
- The winners will stay on to play again but will split to be on opposite teams.
- If TWO courts are being used:
- Winning teams will stay on to play again but will split apart.
- One winner from each court will then swap courts with each other. **In the event that there is a large gap in time between when both games end, the winners will not swap courts- simply split to be on opposite teams so that games can continually be played.
- If your team loses:
- You will vacate the court for the next game to begin.
- If ONE court is being used:
**Any player who does not adhere to the posted rules and our membership code of conduct will be subject to consequences determined by the New Canaan YMCA Management.