Our Adult Sports programs offer fun ways to stay active, get fit, and explore new hobbies. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just looking to explore a new hobby, we have something for you! We offer a variety of adult sports leagues and programs that provide fun and healthy activities for adults of all fitness levels.
NEW! Adult Men’s Basketball League (Ages 40+)
Forty is the new thirty, get back in the game! Join us for games against players with skills and those who haven’t played in a while. Great players, great attitudes, great fellowship, and lots of fun! Open to members and non-members.
Dates: Sundays beginning December 11
Time: 10:00am – 6:00pm (depends on number of teams)
Team Fees: $1,200 (includes t-shirts)
Limit: 10 players per team
What are you waiting for? See you on the court! Interested players and teams are welcome to contact Lenwood Latta, Sports Director, at 203-920-1634 or by email.
Adult Drop-In Sports:
Open to New Canaan YMCA members ages 15+. Click here to view gymnasium schedules for the following sports:
- Ping Pong
- Table Tennis
Pickleball Open Play:
The Y has a system for members to sign up for pickleball open play in the gymnasium through the Team Reach App. Play will be limited to 16 rotating players in each session and rules for play will be located on the files section of the Team Reach app.
Upon receiving an invitation to the Team Reach App:
- Click on the Team Reach App Link on your iPhone or Android device
- Download the app on your iPhone or Android
- Create an account using an email of your choosing
- Request to join the Y’s group using the group code: NCYMCAPB
- A notification will be sent to Lenwood Latta, Y Sports Director, to approve you
- Once you are approved, you will be able to access the open play schedule and sign up for Pickleball Open Plays at the Y!
Download the Team Reach App below on your iPhone or Android device:
For additional information and any questions, contact Lenwood Latta at 203-920-1634 or by email.
Adult Drop-In Sports/Gymnasium Use Guidelines:
- Please try and bring your own equipment. We strongly recommend wiping down any borrowed equipment before and after use.
- Please put any belongings on the floor (backpacks, water bottles, etc.). Do not drape over equipment or put on tables.
- Individuals must be a minimum of 15-years-old to participate in adult sports at the Y.
Adult Social Activities
Sit & Knit (& Crochet Too!)
The Sit & Knit group meets every Wednesday 1:30 – 3:00 PM. All levels, including non-knitters who wish to learn how, are welcome. The sessions are an opportunity to hone your skills, learn new ones, help others, show off your work, or simply sit and knit. Not only will you meet members who share your interest in this ancient craft, but also you will discover new fibers, see new patterns, learn how knitters around the world use Ravelry—all while you indulge in some time for yourself to exercise this wonderful hobby. For more information, contact Mary Coleman at 203-920-1630.
Play Bridge, Anyone?
If you would like to help launch a Bridge Club here at the Y, please stop by or call Mary Coleman’s office, Membership Director, at 203-920-1630.