The New Canaan YMCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization committed to strengthening our community. We rely on charitable support to fulfill our mission of community service, and fundraising fills the gap each year to provide the resources needed to fulfill this mission. These efforts can only succeed through the generosity of our members and friends in the community.
It surprises many people to learn that there are individuals and families living in our community who need assistance in order to benefit from New Canaan YMCA programs and services. Some of them could be your neighbors.
We strive to be open and accessible to everyone, regardless of special need or financial situation, donations to the Y’s Annual Support Campaign ensure that:
- Every child is able to learn how to swim and experience summer camp.
- Every mom and dad who works has a safe place for their child to go after school.
- Every senior is able to age actively and healthfully among friends.
- Every teen has access to values-based programs with positive role models.
- Every parent is able to enjoy quality recreational time with their children.
- Every child, teen, and adult with special needs can feel welcome.
New Canaan YMCA Fundraising Programs
We hope you will support one or more of the initiatives described below through participation or sponsorship so that we can continue to assist the people who need our help.
Annual Support Campaign
The annual support campaign is our major source of charitable contributions, raising over $325,000 toward financial assistance, program cost subsidies, seed funding for new programs, special needs programming, and supporting our partner child development facility, Facing the Future, in Kibera, Kenya.
Giving in Honor
The New Canaan YMCA is pleased to provide our supporters with our tribute and memorial giving program. Many donations are made each year to our Y in honor of a loved one or friend. These gifts may be made in memory of someone special or in honor of a holiday, anniversary, celebration, or birthday. For more information, contact Kristina Barrett at 203-920-1654.
Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Enjoy a spectacular day of golf and support YMCA programs for individuals with special needs! Our golf outing is held each year in May at the beautiful Country Club of Fairfield.
For more info or to receive an invitation, contact Kristina Barrett at 203-920-1654.
United Way Designated Giving
Your gift to your local United Way or through a workplace campaign can benefit the New Canaan YMCA if you specifically designate it to our organization. Many people choose to make a donation this way, as it helps both the United Way campaign and the YMCA.
Contributing to the Y’s 1954 Society of Community through gifts of securities, a will, estate or trust plans can help the Y build long-term financial stability through our endowment. You can leave a legacy of strengthening the Y’s financial future and thus ensure an enriched community for the next generation.
Charitable Gifts of Securities
1. Inform the New Canaan YMCA Development Office that you are planning to transfer securities. When you know the specific name and number of shares, please contact Kristina Barrett at 203-920-1654 for additional instructions and Y account information.
If you need more information, please call Daniel Jensen at the New Canaan Merrill Lynch office at 203-972-2513.