Temporary Opening Hours:
The safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We are following State and CDC guidelines to maintain a healthier environment for all. We will continue to reopen our Y in phases and will be ready to adapt quickly as guidelines evolve in an effort to provide you with a meaningful, supportive, and safer Y experience. We would like to thank all of our members for their understanding, compassion, and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols as we carefully and responsibly progress through the reopening of our facility.
WHAT IS NOW OPEN
Our current phase of reopening includes activities and areas where we, with your help, can observe social distancing guidelines.
- Wellness Center: Current F.I.T. pass holders may work out on their own between 12:45-2:45pm or with a parent at any time. Reservations are required and can only be made by calling our Front Desk at 203-966-4528. Reservations are limited to two F.I.T. pass holders per time slot.
- The Zone
- Modified Group Exercise Schedule: Classes will temporarily be held in the gymnasium where there is more space to spread out, in the Group Exercise Center at limited capacity, and outdoors as weather permits. View updated schedules at www.newcanaanymca.org/schedules.
- Gymnasium (Open Gym & Pickleball)
- Forese Family Pools and Valles Pool (adult lap swim, youth lap swim, family swim, therapy swim, & water group exercise classes)*
- Swim Lessons (private, semi-private, and group swim lessons)**
- Dionne Family, Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
- Small Group & Personal Training***
- KidZone (child-only and parent-child Bouncing Bears classes)
- Rainbow Station Childcare
- Kid’s Unlimited Afterschool Program
- Youth and adult programs. Click here to view our current brochure.
Take advantage of our special Welcome Back Personal Training Package, including three personal training sessions available to New Canaan YMCA members at a special price of $165. Limit: one package per member. Fill out our pre-activity screening questionnaire and return to Eva Saint, Wellness Director, by email.
WHAT TO EXPECT & WHAT TO BRING
Using guidelines from the State and CDC, we have modified some of our procedures to increase cleanliness and social distancing throughout the facility. This requires a team effort among both members and staff to maintain a healthy environment for all.
- In accordance with State guidelines for gyms, masks are required to be worn at all times within the facility, including when on cardio equipment and in group exercise classes. Masks must be worn properly which includes covering your nose and mouth at all times.
Facility and Class Reservations
- Per State guidelines, our building capacity has been reduced during our first phase of reopening. In order to maintain attendance, prevent wait times, and to help you plan accordingly, we have launched a temporary advance registration system for all classes and all areas of the Y, including individual fitness areas such as the Wellness Center, the Zone, and pool lanes. Click here to access our reservation system.
Safety and Cleanliness
- Increased facility cleaning by our professional cleaning staff and Y staff
- Additional disinfectant supplies throughout the facility
- Staff trained in updated cleaning protocols
- Staff have their temperature taken each day and wear masks for your protection and their own. Though we may be wearing masks when we see you again, we’ll be smiling behind those masks as we welcome you back!
- Sneeze shields have been placed throughout the facility.
- Group exercise equipment is laid out in advance. Disinfecting of equipment occurs before and after a class.
- Mats (exercise or yoga) and yoga accessories (blocks, blankets, bolsters, etc.) are not available at this time. We encourage members to bring their own mat for use at the Y.
- Please bring your own towel and water bottle. No-touch fill stations are available, all water fountains have been temporarily shut off.
- Markers have been placed indicating one-way hallways as well as floor markers to help encourage social distancing throughout the facility and within class spaces. We are still here to support and motivate each other, just from a little bit farther away for a while.
- Some machines and equipment in the Wellness Center are temporarily closed to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Guest passes have been temporarily suspended.
What We’re Asking of You
- While we love to see you, please stay home if you or someone in your household is feeling sick.
- Upon returning to the Y, you will need to sign a new waiver. You can view, print, and sign the waiver at home by clicking here. You may also sign the waiver at the Y.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and leave each area of the Y.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after each use with the provided disinfectant supplies.
- Respect one-way routes and social distancing protocols.
- A face mask or covering is required at all times throughout the facility. Per updated State protocols, masks will also be required when on cardio equipment and in group exercise classes. Masks must be worn properly which includes covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- Per the current Connecticut travel advisory, anyone traveling into Connecticut from a designated impacted state is directed to self-quarantine for 10 days. We ask that our members please adhere to this advisory and wait 10 days after visiting one of the impacted states before visiting our Y. For a current list of impacted states, current travel restriction policies, and information regarding testing exemptions, please visit https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/travel.
Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
- Members must bring their own towels for locker room use, as towel service is temporarily unavailable.
- The showers are all private individual stalls and will all be open for use.
- Spray bottles with sanitizing liquid are available in all of the shower stalls.
- The locker rooms are cleaned frequently throughout the day and receive a deep clean at the end of the day, after hours.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available in the common areas.
- To maintain social distancing, no more than every third locker is available for use.
- The Sauna and Steam Rooms will remain closed.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the Locker Rooms except for when in an individual shower, changing, or bathroom stall.
- Girls and Boys locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.
A benefit to New Canaan YMCA members: access New Canaan YMCA classes anywhere, anytime! Take the Y’s group fitness classes from home! Follow along to your favorite MOSSA classes, pilates, bootcamp, yoga, and more. Get fit with on-demand workouts from your favorite Y instructors! Choose from high-intensity interval training (HIIT), yoga, cycling, conditioning and more added weekly!
Log in with the email associated with your membership account to access the New Canaan YMCA’s Virtual Y livestreamed and video on-demand workouts. Virtual Y can be accessed on the Y’s mobile app or online at www.newcanaanymcavirtual.org.
A variety of health and wellness activities for kids, adults, and seniors. Y@home can be accessed online at www.newcanaanymca.org/y-at-home.
If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are here for you. Financial assistance is made available by our generous donors ensuring no individual or family is ever turned away from becoming healthier and happier at the Y. To apply for financial assistance, visit www.newcanaanymca.org/financial-assistance
For questions about your membership, please visit www.newcanaanymca.org/membership-changes