We can’t wait to see you again! We’re thrilled to share the New Canaan YMCA is currently open!
Temporary Opening Hours:
The safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We are following State and CDC guidelines to maintain a healthier environment for all. We will continue to reopen our Y in phases and will be ready to adapt quickly as guidelines evolve in an effort to provide you with a meaningful, supportive, and safer Y experience.
WHAT IS NOW OPEN
Phase 1 of our reopening includes activities and areas where we, with your help, can observe social distancing guidelines.
- Wellness Center
- The Zone
- Modified Group Exercise Schedule – *Classes will temporarily be held in the gymnasium where there is more space to spread out.
- Forese Family Pool (Lap & Therapy Swimming)
- Forese Family Pool (Family Swim)
- Valles Pool (Competitive Teams)
- Small Group & Personal Training
- Camp Y-Ki (Located at Kiwanis Park)
- Rainbow Station Childcare
WHAT TO EXPECT & WHAT TO BRING
Using guidelines from the State and CDC, we have modified some of our procedures to increase cleanliness and social distancing throughout the facility. This requires a team effort among both members and staff to maintain a healthy environment for all.
Facility and Class Reservations
- Per State guidelines, our building capacity has been reduced during our first phase of reopening. In order to maintain attendance, prevent wait times, and to help you plan accordingly, we have launched a temporary advance registration system for all classes and all areas of the Y, including individual fitness areas such as the Wellness Center, the Zone, and pool lanes. Click here to access our reservation system.
Safety and Cleanliness
- Increased facility cleaning by our professional cleaning staff and Y staff
- Additional disinfectant supplies throughout the facility
- Staff trained in updated cleaning protocols
- As an additional precaution, high-touch surfaces and equipment in our facility have been treated with MicroShield 360, an FDA-approved antimicrobial coating system which has been proven to constantly reduce germs by greater than 99% on treated surfaces even after routine cleaning.
- Staff have their temperature taken each day and wear masks for your protection and their own. Though we may be wearing masks when we see you again, we’ll be smiling behind those masks as we welcome you back!
- Sneeze shields have been placed throughout the facility.
- Group exercise equipment is laid out in advance. Disinfecting of equipment occurs before and after a class.
- Mats (exercise or yoga) and yoga accessories (blocks, blankets, bolsters, etc.) are not available at this time. We encourage members to bring their own mat for use at the Y.
- Please bring your own towel and water bottle. All water fountains have been temporarily shut off.
- Markers have been placed indicating one-way hallways as well as floor markers to help encourage social distancing throughout the facility and within class spaces. We are still here to support and motivate each other, just from a little bit farther away for a while.
- Some machines and equipment in the Wellness Center are temporarily closed to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Locker rooms are closed during our first phase. Lap swimmers should arrive ready to enter the pool and should bring their own equipment. Swimmers are allowed to change in the Dionne Locker Room upon leaving the Y. Lanes will be limited to one swimmer.
- Guest passes have been temporarily suspended.
What We’re Asking of You
- While we love to see you, please stay home if you or someone in your household is feeling sick.
- Upon returning to the Y, you will need to sign a new waiver. You can view, print, and sign the waiver at home by clicking here. You may also sign the waiver at the Y.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and leave each area of the Y.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after each use with the provided disinfectant supplies.
- Respect one-way routes and social distancing protocols.
- A face mask or covering is required to enter the facility. Masks must be worn when walking throughout the Y and may be removed only when exercising and at least 12 feet apart from others.
- Per the current Connecticut travel advisory, anyone traveling into Connecticut from a designated impacted state is directed to self-quarantine for 14 days. We ask that our members please adhere to this advisory and wait 14 days after visiting one of the impacted states before visiting our Y. Per the advisory, self-quarantine is not necessary if an individual has had a negative viral test result (not anti-body) in the 72 hours prior to entering Connecticut. The current list of impacted states can be found at www.portal.ct.gov.
WHAT WILL BE RETURNING LATER
The below areas/activities will return as guidelines evolve and we can progress through the phases of reopening responsibly. We look forward to being able to resume these activities for our members soon and will keep you updated.
- Locker Rooms, Steam, and Sauna
- Gymnasium Activities (We hope to offer some gymnasium activities outdoors)
- Swim Lessons, Water Group Exercise Classes, and *Family Swim (*Family Swim return July 6)
- Youth Sports
- Bouncing Bears/Kid Zone Activities
- Simply Delicious Kiosk
VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING: Y@home
We are continuing and enhancing our Y@home virtual programming with live streaming of classes, on-demand classes, new virtual senior programs, and more!
Y@home can be accessed from the Y’s mobile app or online at www.newcanaanymca.org/y-at-home
If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are here for you. Financial assistance is made available by our generous donors ensuring no individual or family is ever turned away from becoming healthier and happier at the Y. To apply for financial assistance, visit www.newcanaanymca.org/financial-assistance
For questions about your membership, please visit www.newcanaanymca.org/membership-changes