Temporary Facility Hours:
The safety of our members and staff is our top priority. We continue to remain up-to-date with State protocols and CDC guidelines to maintain a healthier environment for all. We also remain ready to adapt quickly as guidelines evolve in an effort to provide you with a meaningful, supportive, and safer Y experience.
This has and continues to require a team effort among both members and staff to maintain a healthy environment for all. We would like to thank all of our members for their understanding, compassion, and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols as we carefully and responsibly progress through the reopening of our facility.
Current Facility COVID-19 Protocols
- Our facility and class schedules continue to adapt as we are able to safely bring back more activities. Current schedules can be viewed at www.newcanaanymca.org/schedules.
- Group exercise classes are being held in the Group Exercise Center, Gymnasium, and outdoors. All classes are structured to allow for social distancing and outdoor classes do not require a mask.
- To manage capacity and social distancing, pools and group exercise classes require an advance reservation.
As of May 1, reservations are no longer required for the following areas:
- Wellness Center: F.I.T. pass holders may work out in the Wellness Center from 2:00-5:00pm or at any time with a parent.
- The Zone (the blue Zone will now be available for use)
- Gymnasium (including open gym, family open gym, and pickleball)
While reservations are no longer required for these areas, please know that all cleaning protocols remain in effect to maintain a safe and comfortable environment, and capacity limits will also remain in effect to accommodate proper social distancing within each area. If capacity is reached, you may be asked to briefly wait outside of the area.
Reservations are still required for the following areas:
- Pools: To ensure capacity limits during lap swim, therapy swim, and free swim, advance reservations remain required for use of the Valles Pool and Forese Family Pools.
- Group Exercise Classes: To ensure proper social distancing and capacity limits in group exercise classes, advance reservations remain required for indoor and outdoor group exercise classes.
To make a pool or group exercise class reservation, visit www.newcanaanymca.org/reservations
Youth & Adult Programs:
- A wide range of youth and adult programs are available including swim lessons, Bouncing Bears, youth sports/recreation, special needs programming, summer camp, childcare, and personal/small group training.
- A complete list of available programs for the current session can be viewed at www.newcanaanymca.org/current-brochure
- Indoor Mask Policy: In accordance with State guidelines for gyms, masks are required to be worn at all times within the facility, including when on cardio equipment, in indoor group exercise classes, and in locker rooms. Masks must be worn properly which includes covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- Outdoor Mask Policy: Our outdoor programs and classes continue to be structured to accommodate social distancing. Per the current CDC and State guidelines, masks do not need to be worn when outdoors, however, it is recommended that those not fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask outdoors when distancing is not possible. Please note, masks must be worn for all programs and activities held indoors due to inclement weather.
*Youth program coaches and instructors will advise participants as to when/if they are able to remove their mask during outdoor classes, programs, and activities, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Social Distancing Protocols:
- All areas, programs, classes, and equipment have been structured to accommodate social distancing for our participants.
- In order to maintain distancing, capacity is limited in areas and classes. To manage this capacity and help our members plan accordingly, advance reservations are required for use of the pools and group exercise classes. Reservations can be made online, through the app, or over the phone.
- For areas that do not require a reservation, if area capacity is reached, you may be asked to briefly wait before entering.
- Markers have been placed to help encourage social distancing throughout the facility and within class spaces. We are still here to support and motivate each other, just from a little bit farther away for a while.
- Some machines and equipment are temporarily closed to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Guest passes have been temporarily suspended.
General Safety and Cleanliness Protocols:
- Increased facility cleaning by our professional cleaning staff and Y staff
- Additional disinfectant supplies throughout the facility
- Staff trained in updated cleaning protocols
- Sneeze shields have been placed throughout the facility.
- Mats (exercise or yoga) and yoga accessories (blocks, blankets, bolsters, etc.) are not available at this time. We encourage members to bring their own mat for use at the Y.
- No-touch water bottle fill stations are available, all water fountains have been temporarily shut off.
- Spray bottles with sanitizing liquid are available in all of the shower stalls.
- The locker rooms are cleaned frequently throughout the day and receive a deep clean at the end of the day, after hours.
- The Sauna and Steam Rooms are currently closed.
What We’re Asking of You:
- While we love to see you, please stay home if you or someone in your household is feeling sick.
- Upon returning to the Y, you will need to sign a new waiver. You can view, print, and sign the waiver at home by clicking here. You may also sign the waiver at the Y.
- In accordance with State guidelines for gyms, masks are required to be worn at all times within the facility, including when on cardio equipment, in indoor group exercise classes, and in locker rooms. Masks must be worn properly which includes covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- Please bring your own towel and water bottle. No-touch fill stations are available, all water fountains have been temporarily shut off.
- Members must bring their own towels for pools and locker rooms.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and leave each area of the Y.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after each use with the provided disinfectant supplies.
- Respect social distancing protocols.
A benefit to New Canaan YMCA members: access New Canaan YMCA classes anywhere, anytime! Take the Y’s group fitness classes from home! Follow along to your favorite MOSSA classes, pilates, bootcamp, yoga, and more. Get fit with on-demand workouts from your favorite Y instructors! Choose from high-intensity interval training (HIIT), yoga, cycling, conditioning and more added weekly!
Log in with the email associated with your membership account to access the New Canaan YMCA’s Virtual Y livestreamed and video on-demand workouts. Virtual Y can be accessed on the Y’s mobile app or online at www.newcanaanymcavirtual.org.
If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please know that we are here for you. Financial assistance is made available by our generous donors ensuring no individual or family is ever turned away from becoming healthier and happier at the Y. To apply for financial assistance, visit www.newcanaanymca.org/financial-assistance
For questions about your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.