The Y is the place where everyone feels welcome to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, regardless of their current state of activity. As a leading voice on health and well-being, we help children, adults, families, and seniors achieve balance, social connections, and better health through our programs and facilities.
The Y doesn’t limit our support to members though, we strive to create a healthier overall community as well. We are constantly working to identify and address our community’s ever-changing wellness needs, so that we can provide the appropriate resources and support. We are working hard to help individuals within our community prevent and address chronic disease, we provide resources through free community health lectures, and we proudly offer the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program to any cancer survivor within our community at no charge.
- 6,500 adults come to the Y to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Over 800 seniors belong to the Y to stay active and connected.
- 100 pre-teens complete the Y’s Families In Training program each year.
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a wellness program offered to any cancer survivor in our community at no charge.
A Stronger Resource for our Community’s Health
- Additional and repurposed space will be created for wellness programming and community health lectures.
- The Y will be able to better accommodate health partnerships and provide space for physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- The Y will be able to more effectively address chronic disease and obesity within our community through preventative and diverse wellness programs.
Renovated Wellness Space to Support All Ages
- The Y will feature welcoming, inclusive, and more accessible wellness areas for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, special needs participants, and active older adults.
- Space will be more adaptable to address our community’s changing wellness needs and interests.
- The Y will better serve seniors maintain health, independence, and social connections.
- Contemporary wellness areas will better address teen wellness interests.