With sound design plans and building approvals in place, we are committed to raising the $14 million needed to complete the renovation project and begin construction in 2015.
Our vision for the future includes transforming our facility into a more modern, welcoming, and effective resource that can address not only our community’s current challenges, but have the capability to continue to strengthen our community for years to come.
Our Y is challenged with aging and oversubscribed aquatic and locker room facilities, inadequate gym and family space for community recreation, and the demand for wellness facilities to meet the evolving needs of our community. Our Y’s campaign for the future addresses each of these areas, ensuring that our facilities will continue to support our community for generations to come.
- New Aquatics Center: Featuring a renovated competition pool and a brand-new warm pool facility including an 8-lane lap area. This new center will provide an accessible and fun environment for families, swim lessons, and therapy swim, plus a modern, more accommodating facility for our lap swimmers, competitive teams, and high school swim teams. Read more
- New Locker Rooms: Better equipped with towel service, sauna, steam room, and sitting area in the adult locker rooms, and totally new family, boys, and girls locker rooms. Read more
- Renovated Full Gym: Doubling the size of available gym space will increase availability and options for youth/adult recreational sports and open family activity. It will better serve our community sports organizations, and provide teens with a place for healthy and safe after-school activity. Read more
- New Family Activity Center: Creating a new, fun space for families to enjoy and to better accommodate our youth with special needs, in addition to housing our Bouncing Bears youth gymnastics programs. Read more
- Renovated Wellness Areas: Additional and more flexible fitness space will better address the changing wellness needs of our community including the wellness interests of teens and active older adults. Read more
- New Commons/Café Area: A new, multi-generational space for individuals to come together, relax, and connect. Read more
Community Challenges & Our Plan to Address Them:
- Families face increasing levels of stress and spend less time together. With a new family recreational pool, renovated full gym, and new family activity center, the Y will serve as an exciting facility for our community’s families to stay active and enjoy time together all year long.
- Our community has more than 500 children, teens, and adults with special needs. Our Y will be transformed into an even more welcoming environment including more accessible pools and wellness areas, plus an accommodating, brand-new family/special needs locker room and a new family activity center that will serve as a fun new space for our youth with special needs.
- Teens report high levels of achievement stress and seek out a non-judgmental and supportive environment to thrive. Our renovated double gym will increase availability and options for open recreation and through more flexible fitness space, we will be able to address the wellness interests of teens, providing an exciting place for healthy and safe afterschool activity.
- Seniors have a longer life span and are committed to remaining in our community. More flexible and accessible wellness areas, pools, and locker rooms will allow us to better serve our community’s older adults, providing a comfortable environment to remain active. Additionally, our new commons area will serve as a place for all generations to come together and connect.
- Chronic disease and obesity are public health threats that can, in many cases, be prevented or controlled through proper nutrition and exercise. Providing additional resources and availability for youth, teens, adults, seniors, and families to stay active will help our community stay healthy. Our additional wellness space will also give us the ability to offer preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative healthy lifestyle programming.
- Accessible facility spaces for recreation and sports are severely constrained or nonexistent. Doubling the size of available gym space will increase availability and options for open recreation for youth, teens, adults, and families. This additional gym space and renovated wellness areas will help the Y serve as an even stronger resource for our community’s recreational sports organizations.