Everybody plays at the Y and everybody has fun. Our recreational sports programs introduce a love of sports to our community’s kids, beginning with the fundamentals and progressing through skill development.
Over 900 boys and girls currently participate in the Y’s recreational basketball league. This league, just like all of our recreational programs, focuses on building teamwork and developing self-confidence.
Our Bouncing Bears gym and gymnastics programs offer children and families a fun space to explore and play. This area is especially popular and beneficial to our families with children who have special needs.
Lastly, it’s not all child’s play at the Y. Many adults also participate in recreational sports here at the Y and enjoy staying active and socializing through our lunch time hoops, evening volleyball, open pickleball, and badminton times.
- Over 900 boys & girls participate in the Y’s recreational basketball league.
- Over 700 children participate in the Y’s sports programs.
- Approximately 100 individuals with special needs participate in recreational programs.
- Adults stay active and socialize through lunch time basketball, evening volleyball, open pickleball, and badminton.
Renovated Full Gymnasium
- Doubling the size of the available gym space will increase availability options for youth/adult recreational sports and open family activity.
- Improved scheduling, practice time, open time for teens and families, and recreational leagues.
- The Y will have enhanced capacity to partner with other community sports groups, including New Canaan Basketball, Baseball, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Football, and Soccer.
New Family Activity Center
- This center will be a fun new space for families to enjoy playing together.
- Space will serve as a more accommodating recreational destination for youth with special needs and their families.
- The new Family Activity Center will be the new home for the Y’s Bouncing Bears youth gymnastics program, regaining half of the second floor gym for other recreational use.