The pools at the New Canaan YMCA are filled with so much more than water. The Y is committed to ensuring that every child learns to swim, and we teach more than 1,000 of our community’s kids how to be safe, strong, and confident swimmers each year. Families come together for fun during open swims, and our warm pool also serves as a place for seniors and individuals with special needs to enjoy recreation, therapy, and socialization.
Our competition pool provides a healthy environment for over 550 student athletes as they build healthy habits and develop a sense of teamwork and self-confidence through our three year-long competitive aquatic teams; swimming, diving, and synchronized swimming. It is also the home to the New Canaan High School swimming and diving teams and provides a place for adults to maintain health and well-being through lap swimming, masters swim team, and multi-sport training.
- Over 1,000 kids learn to swim at the Y each year.
- Over 550 young athletes compete on one of the Y’s three aquatics teams.
- The Y is the home to the New Canaan High School swimming diving teams.
- The warm pool offers aquatic therapy & recreation for seniors and individuals with specific needs
New Family Recreational Pool
- A fun destination for families to enjoy staying active together featuring inflatable slides and exciting water features
- Warmer water for youth swim lessons, therapy swimming, and special needs aquatics programs
New 8-Lane Lap Pool
- An additional eight lanes ranging in depth from 6.5-10 feet
- Providing additional space for lap swimmers, competitive teams, and swim instruction
Renovated Competition Pool
- A brighter and more modern environment featuring new lighting
- New water filtration system
- Renovated observation deck will be more comfortable and accommodating for spectators