Our trainers are here to help guide and support you as you work towards your goals. Whether you are new to exercise, need motivation and encouragement, or are looking for some new ideas to help you reach your goals, our trainers are able to design an individualized program to best suit your needs. We realize that the trainer client relationship is an important one in which the right dynamic is important. Our Y has a caring, talented group of trainers with a variety of different backgrounds and strengths for you to choose from to help you find the right fit. All of our trainers hold certification from nationally recognized certifying organizations, including ACSM, NSCA, NASM, AFAA, and ACE. Personal training sessions can be private or semi-private, providing you with the opportunity to benefit from one of our trainers with a friend.
Take advantage of our special Welcome Back Personal Training Package, including three personal training sessions available to New Canaan YMCA members at a special price of $165. Limit: one package per member.
To get started, please fill out the Pre-Exercise Questionnaire for Personal Training Form and return the packet to the Wellness Office. Your questionnaire will be reviewed by the Assistant Wellness Director and matched to one of our qualified Personal Trainers. The Trainer will then contact you to set up your training sessions. Also, before you get started, please make sure to review the following New Canaan YMCA personal training policies:
• Appointments must be cancelled 24 hours in advance, or sessions may not be made up.
• Session packages must be used within one year of purchase date.
• All sessions expire and no refunds issued after designated use periods.
• Personal training at our facility is permitted only by New Canaan YMCA Personal Trainers.
• Once you are assigned a trainer, you should contact them directly if you need to cancel or change your appointment.
If you have any questions about Personal Training or you need help getting started, please contact Eva Saint, Wellness Director, 203-920-1653.