As you’re aware, the effort to minimize the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is the top priority for our community. As a result, the New Canaan YMCA will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
For the past 65 years, the New Canaan YMCA has been committed to strengthening our community. Over the years, we have proudly offered a helping hand to thousands of children, teens, adults, seniors, and families. Today, the Y is asking for help from you.
Please stick with us during this time, if you can.
Membership dues are vital to sustaining our organization. A short-term significant disruption in these dues could have a devastating impact on our non-profit organization, its loyal employees, and its ability to fulfill our mission. With your support, we pledge to not only emerge from this crisis stronger than ever, but continue to serve our members and community in any way that we can during this closure.
If you choose to support us during this time by maintaining your regular dues payments during our closure, we are able to treat those payments, beginning March 12, as a tax-deductible donation. You must click here to designate these payments as a donation.
If you choose to suspend your dues payments during the closure, we fully understand. To temporarily suspend your payments while the Y is closed, please fill out a Membership Change Form online.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. When we reopen, we will resume your automatic payments.
Please see below for a few details regarding our closure:
- The Y will be temporarily closed beginning Thursday, March 12.
- Just as we received the advisement from the Department of Health to close, we will wait until the Department of Health recommends reopening. Prior to reopening, we will conduct a deep clean of the facility.
- We will not know how we can proceed with spring programs until we have a better sense as to the length of our closure. Per our registration policy, the Y will make every effort to offer make-up classes. If the Y is unable to do this, credit for the missed class(es) will be issued.
- Directors of the following year-round programs will be in touch with participants regarding program-specific updates: Rainbow Station, Kids Unlimited, Caimans Swim Team, Aquianas Synchronized Swimming Team, Whirlwind Diving Team.
- If you need to reach a member of the Y staff during this time, please email the appropriate director. A contact list of directors can be found here.
- Any updates regarding the Y’s status will be communicated via email, mobile app push notifications, the Y’s website and on the Y’s outgoing voicemail message on the main number (203-966-4528).
Stay Connected & Active with Y@home
When you belong to the Y, you belong to a community. We support each other, motivate each other, and now, even protect each other. A community remains strong, even when not physically together. And the Y remains fully dedicated to supporting our members, our staff, and all those who rely on us. We are adapting through this closure to provide you with as many virtual Y resources as possible.
Please visit www.newcanaanymca.org/y-at-home for a continuously growing library of virtual workouts, classes, and family activities.