How to Apply
- Visit the YMCA Front Desk or our website to obtain an application.
- Please indicate position for which you are applying.
- Mail or fax completed application and resume, as applicable, to HR Dept.,New Canaan YMCA, 564 South Avenue, New Canaan, CT 06840; fax resume to 203-972-7738 or email resume to email@example.com.
The New Canaan YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
BOUNCING BEARS & BEYOND
Recreational Gymnastics Instructors (Part time)
Pay range: $15.00-$20.00/hour
Job Duration: Year Round
Part-time gymnastics instructors needed to teach Parent/Child, Pre-K, and Grade school classes in a fun, non-competitive, nurturing setting approx. 3-4 afternoons per week. Instructor will be responsible for the creation and instruction of high quality gymnastics fundamentals for students 4-10 years old. Please contact Donna Carpenter, (203) 920-1639, firstname.lastname@example.org or email at email@example.com.
C.I.T. Coordinator (Camp Y-Ki, Sports Camp, Camp Mini) (Seasonal)
Pay range: $14.04-$17.55/hr. based on experience
Job Duration: Seasonal (May through August)
Develop, plan and implement, a C.I.T. program that provides a well rounded, enriching experience for youth 14 – 16 years of age. Provide a safe, positive and encouraging environment that will allow each participant to grow individually, while working independently and with a group. Plan and implement activities that promote positive values and self-accomplishment.
- Possess a degree in Recreation, Elementary, Middle School or High School Education, or a related field and/or have experience working with High School Age Youth.
- Experience as a camp counselor.
- Must have the ability to supervise counselors, volunteers and teens.
- Well rounded experience in all camp activities.
- Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification for Professional Rescuer. Can certify.
- Current in medication and Epi pen training. Can certify.
My Playroom Attendant (Part time)
Pay range: $11.55-$15.50, based on experience
Job Duration: Year Round
Under the direction of the Kids Unlimited Director, the My Playroom Staff provide a safe, nurturing environment for children ages 6 months and up whose parents/guardians are utilizing our facility. Shifts available Monday-Friday 8:15 am – 12:15 pm, Monday-Wednesday 2:45-6:30, Saturday 8:15 am – 12:15 pm and Sunday 9 am-12:15 pm. Please contact Suzie Pfeifer (203) 920-1649, firstname.lastname@example.org or email HR at email@example.com.
- Must be 18 years of age
- My Playroom Staff must have at least two years’ experience in babysitting and/or childcare environment.
- Staff must demonstrate caring for all children and responsibility in their role.
- All My Playroom Staff must be able to take control and make decisions easily.
- Be available to questions and address concerns of parents.
- Help to maintain the playroom in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Attend workshops, staff meetings special events when requested.
MUSIC AND MOVEMENT
Child Development Music and Movement Instructor (Part time)
Pay range: $40-$60/class, based on experience
Job Duration: Year Round
The employee performing this job will be working in three different programs (Gymnastics and Movement, Childcare, and Special Needs). Under the supervision of the Gymnastics and Movement Director the person selected for this position will be responsible for planning and implementing effective and well-rounded age appropriate group music and movement classes for Mommy & Me classes. Please contact Donna Carpenter, (203) 920-1639, firstname.lastname@example.org or email at email@example.com.
Basketball League Gym Supervisor (Seasonal/Part Time)
Pay range: $11.00-$15.00/hr.
Job Duration: End of November through early March
Gym Manager must be available to attend Youth Basketball/Men’s League games. Also must assist with assigning participants to teams and provide a safe and fun learning environment. Also, Manager will be responsible for tracking issues that occur during games and practice.
Basketball experience or knowledge generally as a participant, coach, or administrator is necessary. Candidate should feel comfortable to supervise a group of officials and youth. Recognizing any safety concerns in regards to activities in the gymnasium is also required. Lastly, you should have the ability to communicate youth basketball league information to parents, commissioners, participants, staff, and officials.
Resumes immediately being accepted. Please contact: Will Schwartzstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com.
Middle School Night/Youth @ the Y Staff (Seasonal)
Pay Range: $11.00 – $14.00/hour
Job Duration: Seasonal (once a month)
Help foster the intellectual, social, and physical growth of Middle School Madness participants by providing a meaningful and enjoyable Middle School Madness experience. Teens will enjoy and have a safe environment to hang out in with friends, and will benefit from meaningful relationships with adults while experiencing and taking part in a variety of different activities. Please contact George Bennett (203) 920-1634, firstname.lastname@example.org or email HR at email@example.com.