NEW CANAAN YMCA CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: WEEK OF 3/19/17
Second Floor Women’s Restroom
Service interruption: The second floor women’s restroom will be closed through March 31 in order to install HVAC equipment for the new areas of our Y.
Women/girls may use our female locker rooms or the unisex restrooms located on the first floor and lower level (outside the Mind Body Center)
* While construction is in progress on our new café area, the Simply Delicious kiosk will be temporarily relocated to the room across from member check-in, next to the Williams Room.
Click here to learn more about our future gym facilities.Click here to learn more about our future locker room facilities.
*The South Gym is currently closed.
- Men’s Basketball: The temporary schedule in the Higgins Gym will end March 19. Beginning March 20, there will be no Men’s Basketball until the gym renovation is completed in June.
- Pickleball: The temporary schedule in the Higgins Gym will end March 19. Beginning March 20, there will be no Pickleball until the gym renovation is completed in June.
- Volleyball: There will be no open volleyball held during this time. Please contact Jack Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for updates on open volleyball alternative locations.
- Open Gym: The temporary schedule in the Higgins Gym will end March 19. Beginning March 20, there will be no Open Gym until the gym renovation is completed in June.
- Youth Sports: Spring indoor youth sports/recreation programs will take place in other areas within our Y. Please view our program brochures for details or contact the program director.
Estimated Time of South Gym Project: January 3 – Mid-June
Locker Rooms: New Men’s & Women’s Locker Room Now Open!
Click here to learn more about our future locker room facilities.
* Girls’ Locker Room: Closed
* Family/Special Needs Locker Room: Closed
- Girls and Women with children under the age of 5 use the Women’s Center, which can be accessed by the entrance right outside the Valles Pool.
Estimated Time of Locker Room Project:
Family/Special Needs locker room, Girls’ locker room, and Boys’ locker rooms opening in June 2017
Click here to learn more about our future aquatics facilities.
• The Recreational Pool is currently closed.
• Parent/Child & Preschool Classes: Will be offered through our Y with New Canaan YMCA instructors at the Darien YMCA and Dolce Conference Center in Norwalk (5 minute drive from our Y- 32 Weed Avenue, Norwalk). Registration may still be completed at the front desk or online.
• Group Exercise classes will resume their temporary location in the Valles Pool and we are offering additional land classes that offer similar benefits. Click here to view our Group Exercise schedules or contact Bridget Philipp to discuss group exercise options that are best for your fitness goals. Arthritis Swim is offered with our instructors at the Darien YMCA.
• Private Lessons: Dolce Conference Center in Norwalk (5 minute drive from our Y- 32 Weed Avenue, Norwalk). To register, please email Kim Rojas.
Estimated Time of Recreational Pool Project: October 2015 – June 2017
While the construction phase of our renovation is incredibly exciting, bringing us one step closer to a more modern, engaging, and supportive community facility, we understand that construction can also become disruptive and sometimes a nuisance. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we build a stronger Y for our members and our community. Please feel free to contact our Front Desk at 203-966-4528.